The swing is a generic appellation qualifying a type of music as well as a type of dance both born in the years 1920-1930 to the United States. It is a musical stream that is part of the great jazz family which is characterized by a “swinging” rhythm, also called “bounce” in dance. The period called “era of swing” has seen many big bands, rulers and musicians such as Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong.
The swing includes several types of dance, including the Lindy Hop, the Charleston, the Balboa, the shag, the Blues…
Yes it is possible to register alone during the course.
Once your registration is completed, you will either receive an email confirmation of registration, or an email telling you that you are on the waiting list.
When you are listed, this means that your registration is not confirmed and you are waiting for a partner.
Every time a new leader registers alone, our system will look for the first follower on the waiting list. This allows the dancer to leave the waiting list. It will receive a confirmation of registration.
If you’re a dancer, Yes. For the dancers alone, there are usually no worries at the level of the inscriptions.
Here’s why we recommend the dancers to find a partner for registration:
- As a general rule, there is more demand from the dancers than dancers, which means that we always have more ladies than men in progress.
In order to avoid the imbalance being too large, we limit the number of dancers alone, which means that the only “oversize” dancers are put on the waiting list and therefore will not have the opportunity to participate in the course.
- When you register as a couple, provided that the course is not complete, you receive a confirmation of registration directly.
Absolutely! Here’s why:
- Since this is a solo course, you do not need a partner to register.
- The content of these courses is complementary to that of the Lindy Hop courses and will help you once you learn the Lindy Hop.
- It’s a good opportunity to meet people who are already interested in Swing dances. As there are also solo dancers in these courses, this will be the opportunity to meet a partner with whom you can register for the next session at the Lindy Hop classes.
The most important thing is that you feel comfortable. However, avoid high heels.
No, it is not possible to do a test course before registering for the weekly courses, but we regularly offer free initiations. To be kept informed of all our events, follow our Facebook page.
yes. We change partners during classes to be able to guide and follow everyone on the dance floor.
This also allows students to progress more quickly.
However, it is possible not to change partners. In this case, please speak with your professors.
It is possible to recover two missed courses on your semester.
To do so, please notify easy swing by sending an email to email@example.com and we will inform you of the procedure to follow.